SHINee’s Choi Minho – the ‘Flaming Charisma’
Being the most popular member of your group means that you are also under the biggest pressure to always be humble and moderate in front of the public. Perhaps this is what Choi Minho feels, being dubbed as the most known member of SHINee with regard to overall public recognition of the group. Not just singing, dancing, and rapping with SHINee, Minho does a lot of personal projects as well, starting with hosting and guesting on television variety shows, acting on the television series and movies, and modeling for magazine photo shoots.
Thus, in this article, Channel-Korea will explain all about SHINee’s Choi Minho, starting with his personal profile, his fun facts and trivia, his family, his Dramas and movies lists, his variety shows list, his plastic surgery rumors, his rumored girlfriends, his friendship with Korean idols, his fashion style, and his hairstyle. So, stay tuned!
Choi Minho from SHINee’s Profile
Real Name: Choi Minho
Stage Name: Minho
Nickname: ‘Flaming Charisma’, ‘Frog Prince’
Date of Birth: Nam District, Incheon, South Korea 9 December 1991
Age: 28 (Korean age) / 27 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 181 cm
Weight: 60 kg
Blood Type: B
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Astrology: Goat
Siblings: 1 (older brother Choi Min Seok)
Position: Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
Language: Korean, English, Mandarin
Training Time: 2 years
Talent Agency: SM Entertainment
Education: Konkuk University, majored in the degree of Arts and Culture Film
Facts about Choi Minho from SHINee
- Minho was cast on the street because of his cool and charming smile. He then did an audition for SM Casting System in 2006.
- Minho debuted as a model in 2006. Prior to joining SHINee, he was focused on his modeling career and became a model for the Seoul Collection F/W 08-09 from Ha Sang Baek in March 2008, and for the late Andre Kim in his fashion show after SHINee debuted. Minho is also the second artist to become a model outside SM Entertainment after Super Junior’s Heechul.
- Minho is the tallest member of SHINee. He also has the most athletic body.
- Minho appeared in both the Korean and Japanese versions of Gee by Girls’ Generation. In the Korean version, his hair was long, whereas in the Japanese version, he has a clean-cut look. Well, Minho looks handsome whether he has long or short hair, don’t you agree, dear readers?
- When he was a child, Minho’s dream was to be a soccer player, as was his older brother’s as both of them are ‘soccerholics’. However, their father did not let them pursue that career because the football world is very tiring.
- Minho likes to read biography books.
- Just as with his love for soccer, when he plays video games, Minho plays soccer games like ‘Winning Eleven’.
- Minho is said to resemble TVXQ’s Changmin. Well, both of them are handsome and the tallest in their respective groups so we think those traits are what make people dub them look-alikes!
- Minho was given an iPod by Super Junior’s Donghae because they are close friends.
- Minho’s favorite comics are ‘Slam Dunk’ and any comic made by Hisashi Matsui.
- Minho does not really care about money, health, or performance problems. He thinks that they are just little things that will pass as soon as they occur.
- Minho’s favorite SHINee album is Romeo.
- Minho feels the happiest when he is singing and dancing on stage.
- Minho does not really talk often, hence his nickname of ‘The Ice Prince’ during SHINee’s early debut. However, he defended himself by saying, “What should I talk about when the other members will not stop talking?”
- Not only soccer, Minho is great at playing other sports as well.
- Minho is the SHINee member who is the most difficult to tell to wake up, hence his nickname of ‘The King of Sleeping’.
- Minho often sleeps late because he watches soccer in the middle of the night.
- Minho’s ideal type is someone who has both long hair and feminine characteristics.
- Minho has a very strong competitive streak. He said that he inherited this trait from his father. It is also not surprising that one of Minho’s other characteristics is being a perfectionist who wants everything in line and perfect.
- Minho feels peaceful when he is eating. There is no food that he does not like.
- According to the late SHINee member Jonghyun, Minho has the charm of personality reversal, as when he is on stage his face expressions are mature, but when he finishes his performance, he goes back to being like a kid.
- Minho is the cleanest SHINee member as he is always seen diligently cleaning tables.
- When he was being asked about what he would do with his girlfriend on a first date, Minho said that he would invite his girlfriend to play ball together. The reason is that he wants to show off his skills.
- Minho’s favorite animal is dogs.
- Minho’s favorite color is blue.
- Minho’s favorite number is 10.
- When he and the other SHINee members are singing Love Like Oxygen, Minho always imagines his fantasy girl.
- Minho does not really use chopsticks to eat as he is not used to using them.
- Minho is the member of SHINee who could not really speak in public in the early days of SHINee. He often felt nervous and said something that showed his uneasiness, such as “Hello everyone, I am SHINee’s Minho. I shall try and speak for more than a minute, what shall I say? One minute is very long! “
- Along with Key, Minho is the most fashionable member of SHINee.
- Minho’s motto is “Continue to work hard and do not forget to be thankful!”
- Minho really wants to collaborate with his senior labelmate, Super Junior.
- As a SHINee member, he would support any decision that is made by the other members.
- Minho’s most favorite and most comfortable place is bed.
- Minho said that he does not fear anything except God. Aww, what a religious boy!
- When he has spare time, Minho spends it playing soccer or hanging out with his friends.
- Minho is included in Kyu Line, an idol squad, or clique, which consists of Super Junior’s Kyuhyun, TVXQ’s Changmin, CNBLUE’s Jonghyun, and EXO’s Suho.
- The first thing Minho does when he wakes up is think about what he has to do that day or how he will spend his time that day.
- Minho often praises and criticizes himself.
- Minho wants to act like the character Lee Byung-hun in Bittersweet Life
- Minho picked PSY’s Champion as his song. Perhaps this is his unique way ofcelebrating his victory in every competition in which he participates!
- According to the late SHINee member Jonghyun, Minho has a strange habit of taking SHINee members jokes seriously. Key agreed, saying that Minho warned him that SHINee members can joke with the others but not with him. Lol!
- Minho stated that his charismatic charm is from working hard and having people notice his drive to work.
- Minho once saw a ghost when he went to a medium (paranormal specialist) and he said that he wants to see it again.
- Minho’s favorite Western artists are Justin Timberlake and Usher, whereas his favorite Korean artists are TVXQ, Super Junior, and Shinhwa.
- Minho really hates the word ‘lose’ because he is certain that he will always win.
- When he feels a lot of stress, Minho will exercise and play soccer and basketball.
- Minho learned Mandarin in Beijing in 2006-2007.
- Minho was frequently chosen as the favorite father by Yoogeun, the baby whom SHINee took care of in SHINee Hello Baby. Well, it is not a wonder since he was the closest to Yoogeun, often making him a sandwich, teaching him to brush his teeth, and giving him a basketball.
- Minho earned his nickname ‘Frog Prince’ because he wore a frog costume onSHINee Hello Baby.
- Minho received personal training in high jumping by the former national high jump athlete, Kim Tae-young, for his role in SBS’To The Beautiful You.
- Minho was praised by his rapping teacher, JQ, as he has good ideas for writing rap lyrics for SHINee’s songs such asJuliette,Love’s Way,Love Like Oxygen,Graze,Best Place, andRomeo.
- Minho’s has grown as an actor and he was hugely praised for his performance on MBC’sMedical Top Team.
- Minho was named an Honorary Ambassador for Youth in 2011.
- Along with Girls’ Generation’s Yoona, Minho was appointed as a UNICEF’s Unihero Campaign Ambassador, “Giving Hope to the Children”, in 2014. Two years later, Minho was part of UNICEF’ss #IMAGINE campaign, which was first introduced in November 2014 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- In November 2017, Minho and the First Lady of the United States, Melania Trump, presented at the “Girls Play 2” campaign at the US embassy in Korea, an event organized to promote the 2018 Winter Olympics held in South Korea.
Choi Minho from SHINee’s Family
Just like everyone else, SHINee’s Minho has a family, consisting of his father, mother, and an older brother named Choi Minseok. Minho’s father is Choi Yun-kyum, a well-known soccer coach in South Korea, whereas Minho’s mother is an ordinary housewife who stays at home. As has been explained in the Fun Facts section, Minho used to dream about being a footballer and his father encouraged him to do so. However, as Minho grew up and continued to play soccer, his father realized that Minho was not fit enough to play soccer. The reason is that Minho has a small frame and less speed compared to the average soccer player. As enthusiastic as was, Minho gave up his dream of being a footballer instantly, as it was the only time his father had opposed what he wanted to do.
From December 2016 to January 2017, fans and the public were able to see a glimpse of Minho’s private life, including his family, on tvN’s48 Hours. In the episode that aired on 28 December 2016, Minho called his mother as he said that he would want to spend his last ’48 hours’ with his family. During their chat, Minho’s mother realized that her son is already 27 years old, yet he does not have a girlfriend.
In response, Minho just laughed along, to which his mother replied by complaining that it is no fun that her son is not dating anyone, so he has to get a girlfriend and introduce her. Minho also showed his close relationship with his father on the program; they went out together for drinks at his father’s favorite restaurant in the episode which aired on 4 January 2017.
During the interview, Minho disclosed that he is the only family member who has not visited his father’s favorite restaurant and that he did not really have any memories of his father as he worked very hard for Minho and his older brother when they were growing up. Minho’s mother also played a role in helping Minho and his brother to grow up tougher than the average kid, so that when Minho chose a career as an idol, he never wanted to show when he was struggling because he did not like to show he was upset, hence his tough and strong image. Well, Minho is just a human and a child to his parents so we hope that he will open up more so that he can be more relaxed and peaceful!
Choi Minho from SHINee’s Dramas and Movies Lists
Besides singing with SHINee, Minho has also been venturing into the field of acting since his early debut days. Starting in cameo and supporting roles, Minho has now starred in television Dramas and movies as the lead character or hero. Here are the lists of SHINee’s Choi Minho’s Dramas and films that you might want to check out!
2008 – KBS2 My Precious You (as Himself)
2010 – KBS2 Drama Special Season 1: Pianist (as Oh Je-ro)
2010 – KBS2 Athena: Goddess of War (as Cameo on episode 7)
2012 – SBS Salamander Guru and The Shadows (as Choi Min-hyuk)
2012 – Kiss Note (as Himself)
2012 – SBS To The Beautiful You (as Kang Tae-joon)
2012 – I AM [Biographical film of SM Town] (as Himself)
2013 – Sweet Recipe (A short drama for cosmetic brand Etude)
2013 – MBC Medical Top Team (as Kim Seong-woo)
2015 – SMTOWN The Stage [Documentary of SM Town] (as Himself)
2015 – OnStyle Because It is the First Time (as Yoon Tae-oh)
2016 – tvN Drinking Solo (as Himself, the cameo on episode 5)
2016 – Canola/Grandmother Gye-Choon (as Han-yi)
2016 – SBS Mrs. Cop 2
2016 – Derailed (as Jin-il)
2016-2017 – KBS2 Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth (as Kim Soo-ho / Soo Ho-rang)
2017 – JTBC and Naver TV Cast Somehow 18 (as Oh Kyung-hwi)
2017 – tvN The Most Beautiful Goodbye (as Jung Jung-soo)
2018 – The Princess and the Matchmaker (as Prince Candidate)
2018 – In-rang / Jin-roh: The Wolf Brigade (as Kim Chul-jin)
Choi Minho from SHINee’s TV Shows List
Not only venturing into acting, SHINee’s Choi Minho is also a great host and guest on variety shows. This is proven by the fact that Minho has won awards for his appearances on variety shows, such as ‘Best Newcomer in a Variety Show’ at the SBS Entertainment Awards in 2010, the ‘Popularity Award’ in the category of Music Talk Show at the MBC Entertainment Awards in 2014 and 2015, and the ‘Special’ award at the Indonesian Television Awards in 2015. Thus, here is a list of SHINee’s Minho’s variety shows that you might want to check out!
2009 – KBS Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (as Guest on episode 27 and 179)
2009-2012 – KBS Let’s Go! Dream Team Season 2 (as Main Cast)
2010 – KBS Joy SHINee Hello Baby (as Main Cast)
2010-now – SBS Running Man (as Guest on episode 75, 129, 201, 254, and 323)
2010 – KBS Hello Counselor (as Guest)
2010 – KBS Oh! My School (as Main Cast)
2013 – KBS Mamma Mia (as Host)
2013 – MBC SHINee’s One Fine Day: Season 1 (as Main Cast)
2013 – MBC Star Diving Show Splash (as Main Cast)
2013-2015 – MBC Show! Music Core (as Host)
2014 – JTBC Abnormal Summit Season 1 (as Guest on episode 47)
2015 – tvN Problematic Men (as Guest on episode 82)
2015 – KBS Exciting India (as Main Cast)
2016 – JTBC Abnormal Summit Season 2 (as Guest on episode 172)
2016 – MBC My SM Television (as Guest)
2016 – KBS Trick & True (as Guest on episode 1 and 3)
2016 – tvN Yang and Nam Show (as Guest on episode 3)
2016-2017 – tvN 48 Hours (as Guest)
2017 – SBS Master Key (as Guest on episode 8 and 9)
What are some fun facts about Minho? ›
– Minho graduated from Konkuk University with a degree in Arts and Culture Film in 2015. – As a child, his love for soccer came from his father being a professional soccer coach. – When he was younger, he dreamed of becoming a soccer player. – His hobbies are playing basketball and soccer.
Netflix is set to roll out its latest TV series from South Korea, titled The Fabulous. Starring SHINee's Choi Minho and Chae Soobin, the anticipated K-drama is based on the fashion industry, following a group of friends just getting started in their careers in the field.What is Minho real name? ›
Choi Min-ho (Korean: 최민호; born December 9, 1991), better known by the mononym Minho, is a South Korean singer, actor, and songwriter. In May 2008, he debuted as a member of South Korean boy group Shinee which later became one of the best-selling Korean artists.Does Minho have siblings? › What type of character is Minho? ›
Minho is a pretty sweet dude. As Keeper of the Runners he is one of the senior boys in the Glade, and for good reason. He is level-headed, brave, and intelligent, but all of these qualities become much more evident after Thomas helps him see outside the box.What personality type is Minho? ›
MBTI Type: ISTP
He is logical, like most of the boys, and willing to do what is necessary to keep them all safe, even if that means pushing an infected boy into the Maze rather than deal with him in the Glade.
In a similar, perhaps even more satisfying turn of events, it was revealed that the managers of TVXQ and SHINee were married to each other on October 30, taking fans hilariously by surprise. Arguably two of the biggest legends in K-Pop, TVXQ and SHINee both attended the wedding.What are SHINee Minho fans called? ›
Minho fans are Flames. Taemin fans are Taemints.Who is the GF of Lee Min-Ho? ›
Lee Min-ho has not been in a public relationship, ever since his break-up with South Korean singer-actor Suzy.Who is No 1 Korean actor? ›
The South Korean actor is one of the most notable contributors to the cementing of the Hallyu wave, or Korean cultural wave, around the world. With over 31 million followers (as of 6 December 2022), Lee is the most followed Korean actor on Instagram.
Who is Minho in BTS? ›
Minho was an active back up dancer for BTS's 2017 The Wings Tour. He was quickly spotted by a casting agent from JYP Entertainment who signed him as a trainee. It only took him 4 months as a trainee before he was considered for a debut team!Did Minho leave Shinee? ›
Minho surprised everyone present when he revealed that he didn't leave because he actually wanted to participate in the drill! “I really wanted to participate in that, but I wouldn't be able to if I were to get discharged.”Why did Minho change his name? ›
Lee Minho, who is now Lee Know, simply said that his birth name is too common in the industry, so he wanted to differentiate himself.How is Minho named after? ›
Author James Dashner has said that Minho is not named after anyone famous but his niece's Korean husband. The novel also featured other characters such as Aris (Aristotle) and Harriet (Harriet Tubman).Who are Minho's friends? ›
Lee Min-ho's best friends – why Woo Do-hwan, Kim Hee-chul, Jung Il-woo and Lee Jung-jae are besties with The King: Eternal Monarch star.What was Minho's real name before the maze? ›
|Ki Hong Lee|
|Spouse||Hayoung Choi ( m. 2015)|
Love him or hate him, Minho is crucial to the survival of not only Thomas but also of humanity. He's constantly beating the klunk out of guards and soldiers, and he's the chief interrogator. Without Minho, the kids probably would have all been toasted by Grievers in Book One.What did Minho do to Alby head? ›
Summary: Chapter 17
In the Maze, Minho tells Thomas that they're all as good as dead. He says that the Griever he and Alby went to see was only pretending to be dead, and it stung Alby with one of its many needles; unless Alby gets Grief Serum within a few hours, he'll die.
The INTJ – Fourth Rarest MBTI Type.What are the rarest personality type? ›
The rarest personality type is the INFJ personality type, known as 'The Counselor'. INFJ is the rarest personality type across the population, occurring in just 2% of the population. It is also the rarest personality type among men. INFJ stands for Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging.
What is the least rarest personality type? ›
The least common Myers-Briggs personality Type is INFJ
There are only slightly more female INFJs than male INFJs though, with 1.6% of the women in the US having this preference and only 1.3% of the men in the US population having this preference.
Following Jonghyun's death, Shinee continued as a four-member group, and the remaining members completed their military service. Onew enlisted in the military in December 2018 and was discharged on July 8, 2020.Who was Jonghyun GF? ›
Jonghyun's love life
He was first linked to Korean singer Yu Ra after gushing over her music in a radio interview, but heartbroken fans reacted angrily to his comments. He later apologised for upsetting the fans and said he'd only been praising her as an artist.
Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young
Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young got married in 2013 and have two children together. The two met while filming for a series, and Ji Sung mentioned that he had fallen in love at first sight. It is no secret that Ji Sung is a very supportive husband who wants his wife's career to continue to flourish.
The name of the lightstick is quite unique - it's Shabat. It has a funny story behind it. SHINee's lightstick became unusually bright. Fans started joking that it can also work as an “emergency flashlight” for a blackout.What is SHINee fandom color? ›
Originally, SHINee's official color was "Pearl Aqua Green," but over time they subtly changed it to "Pearl Aqua." Due to conflicting fan translations, SHINee's official has been the topic for debate more often than not.Who is Lee Minho ideal? ›
Lee Minho revealed he'll fall for one simple thing a girl does. His ideal type of girl is: "Someone with her own style, such as a girl who sweeps her hair back."Did Lee Min Ho have a baby? ›
Lee Min Ho shares adorable baby photo expressing heartfelt gratitude to fans for wishing him on his birthday.What is Lee Min Ho relationship status? ›
His current marital status is unmarried, according to his private life. In the early weeks of 2011, Lee began dating actress Park Min-young. In 2013, Min-ho began dating Kim Hee-sun, a well-known actress and dated singer Bae Suzy in 2015.How long did Suzy and Min Ho date? ›
It all started on March 23, 2015, when Dispatch released exclusive dating reports of Lee Min Ho and Bae Suzy. The report stated the actors' similar flight patterns and revealed that they had been dating for almost two months.
Who is the cutest actor in Korea? ›
- GOT7's Jinyoung.
- Ahn Bo Hyun.
- Son Suk Ku.
- Ahn Hyo Seop.
- Nam Joo Hyuk.
- Kim Young Dae.
- Park Hyung Sik.
1. Hyun Bin (현빈) Born on September 25, 1982 as Kim Tae Pyung in Seoul.Why was Minho named Minho? ›
Author James Dashner has said that Minho is not named after anyone famous but his niece's Korean husband. The novel also featured other characters such as Aris (Aristotle) and Harriet (Harriet Tubman).What is Minho's real name before the maze? ›
Ki Hong Lee (born September 30, 1986) is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Minho in the Maze Runner film series and Dong Nguyen in the Netflix sitcom Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.Where did Minho get his name? ›
Minho (books 1–3, 5) is an Asian Group A Glader and Keeper of the Runners. He later became Leader of the Gladers in the Scorch. Instead of being named after someone historically famous, he is named after James Dashner's niece's Korean husband.Is Minho a common name in Korea? ›